With this and the following tutorials, you will learn how to navigate the Designer to design an application and how to use the Management to deploy an application.
Notes: A simple application with a String display field. In this tutorial, Domain indicates the domain that you are working in.
What you will build
In this tutorial you will build an application that displays a “Hello World” message
Create your application
- Log in to the design application Designer with your user name and password.
- Click in the rectangular on right top of the page. A pop-up page will be open for you to fill in.
- Fill in the fields inside New App dialog box:
- Enter Hello Kuika inside Type your app’s name here
- (Optional)Enter a description inside Your app’s Description
- Click Create.
This will create your application including 5 pre-created canvas pages.
Open your screen
- Click OpeningPage(Starting Screen) in order to design a screen.
- This will open a predesigned canvas.
Add Entities and Set Expressions
- On the left of the page, you can see Toolbox. Click on Basic Entities. Drag and drop String to Screen Design Canvas at the center of the page.
- On the dialog box opened, set Action to Display.
- Set Renderer to Field:Value.
- Click Submit.
- Click String inside the canvas. Display Item Properties panel opens on the right side of the page.
- On Display Item Properties Panel, there is a form entry where the name of the string is stated as String. Rename your String to MOTD. Click on the to Save.
- In Entity Variables list, you will see a red alert, click on MOTD_label.
- Under the menu bar on the top, you can see Expression Editor. Set expression
MOTD_label = “Message of the day”
- Click on Expression Editor to save the expression.
- Click on MOTD_in in Entity Variables.
- Set expression
MOTD_in = “Hello Kuika!”
- Click on Expression Editor to save this.
- Click on Widget Toolbox in Screen Design Toolbox on the left of the page. Drag and drop Button to the canvas.
- Click Button inside the canvas.
- On Display Item Properties Panel rename your Button to OK. Click to Save.
- From Events sub panel, click OK_Click on Display Item Properties Panel.
- Check Go Back and Exit App options in Actions of the panel Event Binding For OK_Click.
- Click Save Changes.
Your application design is complete! It’s time to generate the app.
Generate and Deploy your application
- Click Menu >Publish in the top-right corner.
Your application is generated and deployed!
Run your application
- Click Menu > Preview on the top-right corner of the page.
Your app is running!
Click OK inside Opening Page to close your app.
Congratulations! You created and ran your first app in Kuika.