Kuika Release Notes
- PWA Support: What you download is now by default a PWA (Progressive Web App). Download configurations will ask for the mandatory information from you (icon, splash etc.). For more information on PWA: https://developers.google.com/web/progressive-web-apps.
- Resources: in the Resources tab, you can now upload files like visual files, pdf files or the files you will need during mobile app packaing process. Those resources can later be used in your app, as the visual for an icon button for example.
- Screen Tags: You can now add tags to your screen to organize your screens dashboard. Click the "tag" icon on a screen.
- New Action "Save": When you drop an entity on the canvas, you have a new action to choose from, "Save". "Save" works like "upsert", it updates your data if a record with the given id exists, or creates a new record if not.
- New Function "GETWITHRAWSQL": You can inject your "select" sql queries. It is supposed to begin "select id", if you need other columns of the table, Kuika will take care of that.
- Download Mobile App: In the Download tab, there is a new tab, Mobile app. When you download app using that section, you will need to fill in a couple more configurations and file, and in your download you will find a "buildMobileApps.bat" file. When you run it, it will check if you have certain software and warn you, and then will package your mobile app, the APK file.
- Intellisense is improved to make better suggestions.
- Besides the "Starting Screen", we have more screen types now like "Left menu", "sign-in page", "Forgot password page". You can label any of your screens to be one of those and there can only be one screen of each type.
- Some special characters are no more allowed in app and screen name to prevent problems in URL's later on.
- Generation error boxes would disappear in a few seconds sometimes before you get a change to see them. Now they will stay on the page until you click them away.
- When you "publish" or "preview" your app, Kuika will no longer exit to apps dashboard, but will stay in the designer, switching to the new version of your app immediately.
- Some download configuration errors fixed.
- Context menu delete operation was not functioning in the Tree View, fixed.
- Bug that would create a "undo history" when you click a display item and drag it but do not actually move it in the display item order.
- Bug that would create a "undo history" when you click ordering for the only expression in pre/post events is fixed.
- "Edit" button was also visible for display items that are actually not editable, fixed.
- Several display item reordering bugs on the canvas are fixed.
- A bug that would not show a display item even in the Design Mode when the visible variable is set to false, is fixed.
- In some cases, an undo would take a couple of actions back, that's fixed.